Warts are a very unpleasant and uncomfortable problem for whoever wears them. Not only because they have an awful aspect but also because they are a sign that your health is broken. Sometimes, warts can disappear without treatment, but this will happen on a very long term. Specialists advise that it is better to get rid of warts as soon as possible to avoid them from spreading to other parts of your body.
The dermatologist is the most suitable person who can tell you how to remove warts, but there are a series of natural remedies that have a great effect in removing warts and we will focus one the most effective – apple cider vinegar, who has many properties that fights against warts.
Apple cider vinegar actions directly on the wart, peeling the ugly growth from your skin. In other words, ACV does not have a direct effect over the HPV virus, but it will remove it along with the wart itself.
You can easily combine ACV with water. A very simple but effective remedy. Combine one part of water with 2 parts of ACV then soak a cotton ball in it and apply it on the wart. Wrap the area in gauze and let it rest overnight. If you repeat this procedure on a daily basis the wart will be gone in one or two weeks.
Using the same ingredients, you can prepare a remedy by combining equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar and put them in a large bowl. Insert the affected area in this solution for about 15 minutes, then rinse your skin with fresh tap water. For positive effects, you should repeat this procedure every day.
Another remedy based on ACV and water can help you get rid of warts fast if you manage to follow it two times every day.
All you need to do is pour 8 tbsp. of ACV in a bucket filled with tepid water, then take a bath.
- Apple cider vinegar is very acid therefore you should pay attention when applying it on your skin. If it turns red, you must use less.
- Try to apply it only on the wart.
- Prevent red skin by applying petroleum jelly on the skin.
How to avoid warts
- Always wash your hands and make sure that if you have any cuts you clean them well.
- Stop biting your cuticles or fingernails. You will only favor the HPV virus to enter your skin.
- When you bath in public places make sure you have your own towel and wear flip flops.
- Strengthen your immunity by consuming foods such as garlic, sunflower seeds or sweet potatoes.
How to prevent warts from spreading
- Make sure you never shave or scratch the area where the warts are. Since they are contagious, they can spread.
- Don’t use the pumice stone on warts and then on the rest of your body; buy another one.
- Cover the wart when you are in crowded places. Contact with other people can spread it.
How to ensure that the natural remedies will be effective
- Use a qualitative apple cider vinegar.
- As apple cider vinegar is very acid, you may feel a burning sensation. Don’t panic, it is normal. However, if it continues over and over consult a doctor.
- OTC treatments are very strong and they can lead to chemical burns if not supervised well enough.