Varicose veins are characterized by large veins that appear very close to the skin, making them noticeable. This happens when the walls through which the blood passes are very weak and the valves malfunction. The symptoms include: fatigue, pain, a burning, heaviness or tingling sensation in your legs and the formation of pronounced veins on the skin surface.
There may be various factors that cause varicose veins – obesity, heredity, a job where you have to sit all the time, constipation, hormonal changes. But, like any other condition, this one has a cure as well. Of course, medical treatments can be quite expensive, which is why we recommend you to follow some homemade remedies, which will certainly reduce the effects of varicose veins and prevent them from appearing.
- Apple cider vinegar–cleans your body naturally and improves blood circulation, which reduces the heaviness sensation and the swelling caused by the varicose veins.
Apply two times every day some undiluted apple cider vinegar on the affected area and massage the area. After several months your veins will return to their normal shape.
Pour 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it two times every day.
- Cayenne Pepper– has high levels of bioflavonoids and vitamin C, which contribute to the improvement of blood circulation and reduction of pain and swallow.
Mix 2 tsp of cayenne pepper with a glass of water and drink it three times every day for at least one month.
- Olive oil – stimulates blood circulation, reduces pain and calm inflammations.
Warm equal quantities of olive oil and vitamin E oil and apply it on your skin. Massage your veins for 5-10 minutes and repeat the process two times every day.
You can also massage your veins with the following mixture: 4 drops of cypress essential oil and 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Garlic – reduces inflammation and improves circulation by eliminating harmful toxins.
Mix six sliced garlic cloves with the juice of three oranges and 2 tbsp of olive oil and let the mixture rest for 12 hours. Later, massage the affected area with this mixture by using circular motions, for about 15 minutes. Cover the entire skin with a bath cloth, leaving it to rest overnight. You should repeat the procedure every day for a few months.
- Butcher’s broom – has anti-inflammatory and anti-elastase properties, removing the pain caused by varicose veins easily
Consume 100mg of butcher’s broom supplements three times every day. They are rich in vitamin C and B, chromium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and zinc, nutrients that reduce inflammations and stimulate blood circulation. However, avoid taking these supplements without a doctor’s consent, if you suffer from prostate hyperplasia or high blood pressure.
- Witch hazel – has astringent and anti-inflammatory properties, improving the blood flow and reducing the pain caused by varicose veins.
Apply a washcloth soaked in witch hazel to the affected area, following this procedure 2-3 times every day for at least one month.
Pour 10-20 drops of distilled witch hazel in your bathtub and let your legs rest for about 15 minutes. Wash your legs with warm water and dry them.
- Horse chestnut seeds – reduce inflammation and swelling, leaving your skin clear and toned. Due to the high level of aescin, they help in strengthening your veins and in protecting the capillary walls from harmful enzymes.
Apply two times every day some horse chestnut gel on your veins and you will see that in time, you will feel neither pain nor swelling.
Consume up to 300 mg of horse chestnut supplements, but never consume it in its raw form as it may be toxic and avoid the seeds if you are pregnant.
- Parsley–contains high levels of rutin, which strengthens the capillaries and vitamin C, which stimulates the collagen production and cell reparation.
In a cup full of water, boil a handful of fresh parsley previously chopped for about 5 minutes and then let it cool down. Strain and mix the solution with one drop of rose oil and one drop of marigold essential oil. Leave the mixture cool in the fridge for about 5 minutes, then apply it on the skin by using a cotton pad. Repeat this procedure every day for a few months and you will not regret it.
- Grapevine leaves–are a good antioxidant and astringent, calm the inflammations and maintain the health of your veins due to their high level of flavonoids.
Mix 1 cup of grapevine leaves with 4 cups of water and boil them for about 15 minutes. After you have left it steep a little, soak your feet in the mixture for about 5 minutes. Immediately after, move your legs in a bucket with cold water, letting them rest for about 10 minutes. Repeat the movement 2-3 times and then massage your legs with castor oil, by using up and down motions.
- Marigold–is rich in flavonoids and vitamin C, which contribute to the collagen production and cell reproduction, but it also stimulates blood flow and reduce symptoms of varicose veins.
Add 1 cup of marigold flowers in 4 cups of water and boil them for several minutes. Place a cotton cloth, soaked in the solution and leave it rest until it cools down. Repeat this treatment several times every day for several months in order to obtain positive effects.
Another alternative is to simply eat marigold petals.