Mayonnaise is a secret ingredient that most people use to give taste to their sandwiches and for sure you are one of these people too. But, did you know that you can use mayonnaise for something else than in the kitchen? Well, yes, you can use it as a hair treatment.
Even if it may seem strange, you must know that this remedy is quite famous among people all over the world. If in what concerns food, mayonnaise is not recommended due to its high content of fats, it is recommended for your hair.
Why is mayonnaise so beneficial?
- It is rich in vinegar, which balances the Ph levels, repairing the damaged hair;
- It protects your hair from sun damage, preventing it from dryness;
- It moisturizes the hair deeply, thanks to the eggs, natural oils and vinegar it contains;
- It acts like a barrier against the styling products, either if we talk about chemicals or about the instruments used;
- It contains high levels of protein, helping your hair grow strong and preventing it from falling or breaking.
Natural remedy for dry hair
Apart from taking care of your strands, mayonnaise also provides your scalp the nutrients it needs to stay healthy and stimulate the hair growth.
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 shower cup
- 1 spatula
Take the mayonnaise and using the spatula apply it directly on your scalp and hair, spreading it uniformly. Make sure that the roots and the ends are also fully covered in mayonnaise. Once this is done, cover your hair with the shower cap and let the remedy action up to half an hour. Eventually, wash your hair well using a mild shampoo. Repeat this procedure once a week.
- 2 tsp of olive oil;
- ½ cup of mayonnaise;
- ½ tsp peppermint oil;
- 1 bowl;
- 1 towel;
- 1 plastic wrap.
In the bowl, mix well the three ingredients by using a blender. Then, spread the resulting paste all over your hair and cover it with plastic wrap. Over the wrap, put the towel and let the remedy rest for 1-2 hours. Eventually wash your hair with cold water and shampoo. Follow this procedure two times a week, and you will forget about damaged and dry hair.